Queensland Fisheries are excited to announce a new version of our recreational fishing app – ‘Qld Fishing 2.0’!
This new app will allow you to:
- identify catch by submitting a photo and leveraging the app’s fish recognition functionality, which uses artificial intelligence to identify a limited number of common fish species (you can help improve the fish recognition functionality by submitting your fish photos to help train our fish recognition tool)
- understand the fishing rules that apply in your current location by using the ‘Can I Fish Here?’ functionality
- receive Fisheries Queensland notifications, including reminders about upcoming closures
- purchase a permit to fish in one of our 63 stocked dams or weirs (via a link to the Australia Post SIPS sales platform)
- learn more about your catch, such as the approximate age of a fish based on the size you enter in the app
- contact Fisheries Queensland to submit information or make an enquiry or complaint
The new recreational fishing app can be used in remote locations or in locations with limited mobile signal reception. The app uses cached species information and simplified mapping information as part of its offline functionality.
Photos of fish are only used to help train the app’s artificial intelligence. The new recreational fishing app does not collect or store personal information about the user or where they are fishing.
You can download the app for free by searching for ‘Qld Fishing 2.0’ in the App Store and via Google Play.