A time-saving one-pot curried sausages recipe that’s great for the whole family. With our ever-busy lifestyles, slow-cooked one-pot meals are a great way to put food on the table. This style of cooking intensifies flavours, caramelises the ingredients and leaves the kitchen filled with lovely aromas.
- 1kg tomato and bacon beef sausages (thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g bottle mango chutney
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- Salt and pepper
- 1250ml of water
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 chokos
- 2 medium onions
- 2 large carrots
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 large capsicum
- Lightly grill sausages to reduce the fat content. Allow to cool and cut into 1cm pieces.
- Add the water to a slow cooker and set on low.
- Dice vegetables and add to slow cooker. Mix in garlic, mango chutney, curry powder and sausages.
- Slow cook on low for six hours.
- Combine milk and cornflour and stir until they form a pasty liquid.
- Tip cornflour liquid into curried sausages, stirring thoroughly as you pour. Cook for a further 30 minutes to allow curried sausages to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.