Melissa has shared her simple but tasty pan fried fish recipe, in a yummy lime and garlic butter sauce.
Ingredients – fish
- 2 x 150g fish fillets, skinless
- 2-3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients – lime and garlic butter sauce
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic, fresh
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 2 tbsp salted butter, cut into equal portions
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 lime wedges
1. For the sauce – lightly simmer butter and garlic in a pan, stirring until melted through. Stir in lime juice.
2. Heat a large non-stick pan on medium heat. Add butter to the pan until all is melted. Add sesame oil and heat.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
4. Place the fish in the pan skin side down – it will start to sizzle, fry for two minutes. Carefully turn fish with a spatula keeping the fillet intact for presentation. Fry the other side of the fillet until cooked through and golden.
5. Pour lime and garlic butter on plate to cover the surface. Place fish on plate skin side down and drizzle sauce over the top. Garnish with shallots and sesame seeds with extra lime juice to taste.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 9 minutes
Appetite 4 The Wild