The weather is hot and summer is in full swing so why not try my fresh Fijian fish salad. It is the perfect recipe for a afternoon get together.
- 900g saddletail snapper fish, skin off
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 200ml coconut cream
- 200g gold tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 125g tiny cucumbers, sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- Cheeks of 1 mango, diced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- Cut fish into small chunks. In a bowl, mix through the lime juice to marinate. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally, until fish turns opaque.
- Add coconut cream, tomatoes, red and spring onion, cucumber, capsicum, mango, ginger and kaffir lime leaves and toss to combine. Refrigerate for another hour.
- Serve with lime wedges and chilli.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Appetite 4 The Wild