NEXT year will be Formosa Marine’s 20th year of building one of the toughest ranges of boats in Australia: made with Formosa strength.
Formosa is an Australian-owned and operated manufacturer of trailerable, aluminium plate boats based in Tingalpa, Brisbane. The business is still growing strong because of the strength of its company values and of course the strength of its boats. Formosa’s focus has always been to develop, innovate and provide custom designs to ultimately produce a high-quality, affordable boat with safety and performance in mind.
Formosa’s range has increased considerably since the beginning, with the company now offering a full range of open boats to cabin hard tops, with sizes ranging from 4.55m Classics to the latest 7.4m heavy-duty Offshores with self-draining decks. And don’t forget the Barra Pro range for any backwater location.
V2 Hull strength
Every Formosa Marine boat is built with the strength of the V2 Hull, maximising your boating experience.
You can discover more with these strengths:
- 4mm bottom sheets (5mm on 6m-plus boats) and 4mm sides;
- A heavy-duty, strong keel extrusion;
- 5083 high-tensile hull on the Offshore models;
- Wide longitudinal stringers welded to the hull;
- Underfloor lock-cell frame welded directly to the bottom sheets;
- Floor reinforcement in high-traffic areas;
- Fully welded side decks and gunwales (you can see the welds)
- 4mm true self-draining deck on Offshore models;
- Solid 12mm marine-grade plywood floor on Classic models;
- Formosa self-deploy/retrieve Tow-catch welded to the keel; and
- Four internal shelves welded to the large ribs used for housing wiring and hoses to keep your deck free of obstructions.
A Formosa boat doesn’t require pressings to strengthen it. Each boat has the rigidity, stability and performance to withstand open water conditions. They certainly won’t fall apart while navigating the dirt roads to get to that out of the way spot.
All consoles, hard tops, bow rollers, ladders, bait board tanks and the new BowActive Ladder are designed and built in house with Formosa strength. Select from one of the largest ranges of optional extras on offer or custom design your boat to enhance your boating ‘form’. Let your local Formosa Marine dealer know what you need… or should we say… want!
Australian Marine Centre in Springwood, southeast Queensland, sells Formosa’s Tomahawk range. The team will have a great boat, motor and trailer package to suit you.