Ingredients Pork curry
- 1kg pork fillet, cut into strips
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 540ml coconut cream
- 4 tbsp tamarind water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce Pork currry
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- Bunch of bok choy
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup black rice
- 4 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 lime
Method Pork curry
- Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil to moderate on stovetop in a camp oven and fry garlic, ginger and red curry paste until fragrant. Remove from camp oven.
- Dust pork strips in plain flour. Add remaining sesame oil to oven and brown pork in batches.
- Add chicken stock, curry paste, ginger, garlic, lime leaves and bring to boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add fish and soy sauce, tamarind water, coconut milk, palm sugar, cook until pork is tender. Remove lime leaves.
- Cook black rice as per packet instruction.
- Add bok choy to dish until wilted.
- Serve on a bed of black rice and a squeeze of lime to taste.
Tips Pork curry
Use baby spinach or your favourite Asian greens if bok choy isn’t available. The lime juices will intensify the flavour of the curry.