This recipe for lemon salted prawns and fennel salad will be sure to get your juices flowing thanks to the Muurikka Electric Smoker.
- 500g uncooked prawns
- 4 tbsp coarse sea salt
- Lemon zest
- 2 cups smoking chips
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 15 pitted olives
- Orange zest
- Juice of orange
- Juice of lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 10 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Line prawns up on a piece of foil and add them to the smoker for four to five minutes.
- Grate the lemon peel and add to sea salt (save the juice for the fennel).
- Place cooked prawns on waxed paper and sprinkle generously with lemon-salt.
- Allow prawns to absorb for 10-15 minutes and then remove them from the salt.
- Cut fennel bulbs lengthwise then into very thin strips.
- Peel and cut the cucumber into cubes.
- Finely diced red onion .
- Grate orange peel into a bowl, squeeze the orange juice and add juice of lemon.
- Add chopped basil and mix well.
- Add vegetables and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place salad in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. before serving so the flavours can blend.
(Vegetables will produce moisture as they marinate, so you may wish to drain some of the liquid before serving.)