Winter is a great time to stay in and try out some fantastic new dishes, so why not have a crack at our delicious new recipe for Mango and chilli pork chops. Perfect for those cold nights to help warm you up and have some fun in the kitchen.
- 1.5kg pork chops
- 500ml mango nectar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp chilli and mango sauce (Appetite 4 The Wild recipe)
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Place pork chops in vinegar in a shallow baking tray. Top up with water to cover chops and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for five minutes.
- Drain chops and rinse under cold water.
- Return the pork chops to the shallow baking tray. Combine soy sauce, mango nectar, garlic, ginger, chilli and mango sauce and pour over the chops.
- Cook in a moderate oven for 30 minutes, turn pork chops and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Mix cornflour and hot water in a small bowl. Remove chops from baking tray, stir in cornflour to thicken stock. Place chops back into pan, baste tops and cook for a further 10 minutes.