This tasty potato fritters recipe is a quick easy dish to prepare and is great served as a light meal or a side. For something different, try substituting with sweet potato.
- 3 large desiree potatoes
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 cup rice bran oil
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes.
- Soak potatoes in water for half an hour to release starch.
- Rinse potatoes and pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine flour, eggs, herbs, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl to make batter.
- Add potatoes to mixture until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat oil in large fry pan.
- Once the pan is hot, drop a rounded tablespoon of fritter mixture into the pan, allowing it to spread. Repeat to make four fritters.
- When the potato fritters become golden brown underneath, flip to the other side and cook until also golden brown.