- 24 large green prawns
- 2 cups black rice
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp grated palm sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 pairs kaffir lime leaves finely sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli finely sliced to garnish
- 1 kaffir lime leaf finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Cook rice as per packet instructions.
- Heat pan to medium. Add butter and cook prawns for a minute on either side.
- Remove prawns from pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low, add curry paste and gently fry until aromatic.
- Add coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, palm sugar, fish sauce and bring to boil.
- Return prawns to pan and stir through lime juice.
- Place black rice on serving plate. Arrange prawns on rice, pour over sauce and garnish with strips of red chilli and slithers of kaffir lime leaves.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 50 min