If you are bored of cooking squid the same old way, why not try this fresh thai-style stir-fried squid recipe for a change?
- 500g squid tubes, scored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 4 baby corn, chopped
- 100g snow peas, chopped
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp rice oil
- Sesame oil
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp fresh chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp freshly ground ginger
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- Heat wok on high, add a few drops of sesame oil. Add squid and cook until opaque. Set aside.
- Add rice oil to wok. Sauté carrot, broccoli and zucchini and set aside.
- Sauté capsicum, snow peas, shallots and set aside.
- Bruise the piece of lemongrass in mortar and pestle. Add a couple of drops of sesame oil to the wok and add lemongrass, ginger, chilli flakes and kaffir lime and cook until aromatic.
- Add squid, vegetables, oyster sauce and stir fry until heated through. Remove lemongrass and serve stir-fried squid immediately.