With Christmas around the corner, learn how to make these tasty Tim Tam, coconut and coffee balls.
- 2 x 200g packets Tim Tam
- 30g chocolate-coated coffee beans
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 180g block baking chocolate white, chopped
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- Extra 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 30 wooden skewers
- Place chocolate coated coffee beans into a food processor and slightly blend. Remove from processor. Place Tim Tams in processor, process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Transfer coffee and Tim Tam crumble to a bowl. Add coconut and condensed milk and mix until well combined.
- Roll a level tablespoon of mixture into balls. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 1 hour until set.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip the end of one skewer into melted chocolate. Push the dipped end three quarters of the way into the ball. Repeat for the remaining skewers, chocolate and balls. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place the extra coconut into a shallow bowl. Reheat the chocolate. Dip the end of the ball in white chocolate. Lift ball from chocolate and allow excess to drip free. Roll the ball in coconut and continue until all balls are completed. Place back on the tray and refrigerate for a further 20 minutes until set. Serve.
These bite-sized treats are a great party pleaser. They can be pre-made and frozen until the next event, and Christmas is just around the corner.
Prep time: 45 minutes, Plus 60 min
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: makes 30
Appetite 4 The Wild