If you’ve got a hankering for a tasty beef stroganoff, look no further than this delicious recipe by Melissa Frohloff.
Beef Stroganoff Ingredients
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 100g flour
- 500g fillet steak, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 40g butter
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Parsley to garnish
- Combine paprika, flour and sea salt in a bowl. Toss beef in the mixture to coat.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over high heat and sear beef until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; add half the butter and remaining olive oil. Cook mushrooms until caramelised.
- Further reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter and shallots and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Transfer to a heat-proof oven dish.
- Add tomato paste, brandy, worcestershire sauce and beef stock to oven dish and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Place in oven at 180C and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in crème fraiche. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to oven and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Serves four to six