A delicious twist on crumbed whiting as detailed by Melissa Frohloff. Create your own taste in crumbs with your favourite flavour of potato chips.
- 700g butterflied winter whiting fillets
- 170g Smiths salt and vinegar chips
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Cut a large corner off the salt and vinegar chip packet. Using a rolling pin, finely crush the chips while they are still in the packet.
- Place flour in a plastic bag. Whisk egg in a shallow dish.
- Place a few whiting fillets in a plastic bag, coat in flour and shake off the excess. Then coat in egg, followed by salt and vinegar crumbs.
- Deep fry fish in rice bran oil until golden and serve with chips.
Serves four to six