- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 x 600g packs of eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla bean paste and beat until combined. Mix in flour until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll teaspoonful-sized balls of dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Flatten balls slightly. Press a floured finger deeply into the centre of each ball to make an indent.
- Fill the indent with jam. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside on trays and allow to cool completely.
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 15-20 min | Makes 3 dozen