Delicious prawn recipe – super easy, super quick. The perfect snack or pre-dinner taste sensation that goes well with a cold beverage.
- 250g medium green prawns, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- Place flour and basmati rice into a large bowl and mix.
- Add egg, garlic and milk and stir to make a thick batter mix. Stir through prawns and shallots.
- Using a non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat. Drop a heaped tablespoon of mixture into pan. Fill the pan with fritters, turn over once golden and cook the other side.
- Line a plate with paper towel to drain.
- Serve hot with lime wedges and your favourite dipping sauce.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min